1 lb. bag peeled baby carrots*, rough chopped
1 small-medium onion, large dice
3C chicken stock**
½C orange juice
1T brandy or cognac
2t fresh tarragon, minced
1. In a soup pot, saute onions and carrots in butter until onions are soft.
2. Add broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer (covered) over low heat until carrots are tender - about 10 minutes.
3. Thoroughly puree soup with stick blender (if using traditional blender, return soup to pot when done).
4. Stir in OJ, brandy and tarragon. Simmer 5 more minutes.
5. Add salt if desired. Garnish with fresh tarragon for serving.
* Any kind of carrot will do. I just think the one pound baby carrot option is super easy.
** Use vegetable stock to make this vegan.
Credits: This comes from the Bon Appetit test kitchen
Tags: Soup, vegetarian, vegan
Original Post Date: 2021